Saturday, November 7, 2009

2nd Week!

I HATE pumping!!! I'm so tired. My life revolves around pumping and it is exhausting. I'm suppossed to pump 8 to 12 times a day, which is almost every 2 hours. I have to pump for 20 mintutes and then set up and clean up takes another 10 to 15 minutes. So by the time I finish pumping I have to pump again in an hour and half. And in the middle of the night my body automatically wakes up, even when I try to sleep through a pump. I know it would be more exhausting if the boys were home but at least then I'd get to hold them and feeding time would also be bonding time rather than me staring at the wall half asleep.

On a more positive note, I'm so impressed with how well Reece is doing. He's a superstar. Dug thought it would be funny to ask the nurse 'when is he going start talking already?' lol Matthew is progressing, but at a much slower pace which does worry me a bit. I'm frustrated with the mixed messages I'm getting from different nurses. Matthew is on a bubble cpap machine, which is old technology which they only take out when they run out of the newer cpap machines, like the one Reece is on. Because of this, many of the newer nurses are not familiar with this machine and I feel Matthew is not getting the best care he needs. Some nurses blame the type of cpcap he is on for his feed problems and others for his dips. I keep asking them to change his cpap machine or even switching Reece and Matthew's machine for a while since Reece is dong so well and Matthew seems to be struggling or lagging behind but the staff just keeps brushing me off and saying that the machine he is on is fine.... it's so frustrating!!

1 comment:

Ter said...

gosh, yes, I can see why you would be frustrated! I would be too. Keep at them until they do something.